Acceptance Southern Reach U.S. Book Tour: Mark Your Calendars

Jeff VanderMeer • August 10th, 2014 @ 12:07 pm • News

barn_owl1
(Barn owl)

“I’m loving the Southern Reach trilogy…Creepy and fascinating.” – Stephen King

Acceptance officially comes out September 2–the concluding volume of my trilogy about the increasingly urgent search for answers about the mysterious Area X. I’ll be touring behind the novel’s release, with some expectation that copies may be available in time for the Decatur Book Festival, too. Here’s the general information so you have it early, with specifics and possible additional events to follow.

Most of these events are some combination of reading and Q&A, with anecdotes about writing the books that range from strange wilderness experiences to weird workplace experiences. With slideshow where possible. If you need more information on the series, this lovely roundup gives you maximum information.

August 29–31–Decatur Book Festival in Decatur, GA

September 21–Brooklyn Book Festival

September 22 – Housing Works (with Lev Grossman & Laura Beukes) in New York, NY

September 25, 7:30pm–Free Library in Philadelphia, PA (with live owl; additional event partners Geekadelphia and The Academy of Natural Sciences)

September 27, 6pm–Politics & Prose bookstore in Washington, DC

September 28–Baltimore Book Festival

September 30–Fountain Bookstore in Richmond, VA

October 25–26–Texas Book Festival in Austin, TX

November 15, Functionally Literate reading series (with Usman Tanveer Malik) in Orlando

November 19-21–The Center for Literature, Wonderbook workshop (cosponsored by the Miami International Book Fair) in Miami – must sign up for the workshop

November 22–Miami Book Fair International

Acceptance--FSG

7 Responses to “Acceptance Southern Reach U.S. Book Tour: Mark Your Calendars”

1. Sam M-B says:

re: “September 22 – Housing Works (with Lev Grossman & Laura Beukes)”

WOW. That looks like a fantastic event, any chance there might be a podcast or video replay?

Not sure.

3. David H. says:

Yay, Politics & Prose! I look forward to seeing you there!

4. Drew B says:

Hope to see you at Politics and Prose next month! Very excited!

5. LCMS Churches near Offutt AFB says:

Hey I am so grateful I found your website, I really found you by
    mistake, while I was researching on Bing for something else, Anyways I am here
    now and would just like to say kudos for a tremendous post
    and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment
    but I have book-marked it and also added your RSS feeds,
    so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more,
    Please do keep up the excellent jo.

Stop by my site … LCMS Churches near Offutt AFB

6. Acceptance Southern Attain U.S. E-book Tour: Mark Your Calendars | JanNews Blog says:

[…] Acceptance Southern Reach U.S. Book Tour: Mark Your Calendars initially appeared on Ecstatic Days on August 10, 2014. […]

7. Tom says:

It’s really a cool and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you just shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.