The Structures of My Next Three Novels

Jeff VanderMeer • September 27th, 2011 @ 8:35 pm • Writing Tips

IMG_0468

13 Responses to “The Structures of My Next Three Novels”

1. James says:

Lemme guess: The first one is a rewrite of Tristram Shandy, the third is your tribute to Beckett, and the one in the middle is a side view of a Tyrannosaur’s mandible.

Excellent call on the first one. I was just revisiting The Delighted States…the third is about a talking pot hole…

3. Anne Barringer says:

Then the talking pot hole might take place in Topeka, KS. Which is already weird and so therefore makes for a good spot. Plus that’s the national bird there. (Thank the great green turnip in the sky I’m not there anymore).

I’m glad to see you hard at work. Don’t forget Mormeck though. Or I shall be sad.

More Mormeck tomorrow afternoon or Thursday…and then more regularly.

5. Alexander K. says:

I want to read the third one!

6. Larry says:

I thought that was your EKG charts. My bad.

7. Dominik says:

An understandable mistake, Larry. We know Jeff’s mind is pretty erratic – it would only make sense that his heart follow a similar pattern…

8. euphrosyne says:

My first thought–Vonnegut’s “Shape of Stories”:

9. J. T. Glover says:

Well-played, sir. After the fall of Urban Fantasy, what will rise to take its place? Urban Sanitation Fantasy, bred in dank tunnels filled with vermin and waste. Who’s our protag? Rosco, the talking pothole, who knows that there are more interesting tales under the city than in it, and wants to tell us all of them.

10. Anne Barringer says:

I’m like a writing nag. But I wouldn’t be if I didn’t like Mormeck so very, very much. (AND whose fault is that???) Do what you need to do, it’s larnin’ me new things while I wait.

P.S. Don’t forget I want to buy books. But I’d settle for more Mormeck first before that.

And now, this public nagging service is over. The annoying nagging beep will stop torturing your ears. However, had this been an emergency, then it would have continued until . . .

11. Andrew Cooper says:

LOL!!! You’re hilarious.

I don’t think I want to read that third novel.

12. Melanie Typaldos says:

The first one looks like a fascinating read but I’m pretty sure the capybara did it.

13. Braun: Three Realised Novels OMNI « Braun Series 7 790cc Pulsonic Shaver System says:

[...] $19.59 List Price: $12.98 Click on the button all for much braun series information and reviews. Braun: Three Ample Novels OMNI mistress series – click on the image below for more information. Feat…rmation. [...]