GRRM’s Dance with Dragons

Jeff VanderMeer • July 4th, 2011 @ 6:17 pm • Uncategorized

Only thing I really didn’t get is Tyrion Lannister and most of his kin being flayed alive by the Iron Kings and their skins used to create an airship for the dragon queen to travel to Westeros in. Kinda weird.

10 Responses to “GRRM’s Dance with Dragons”

1. Damien G Walter says:

I wasn’t sure about the long sections of Jon Snow pouring over his childhood angst and feelings of alienation with the old witch woman. I know Martin is shooting for depth but actually putting one of the characters in therapy really dragged on the plot.

2. William Lexner says:

My only problem was with Arya’s love triangle with the Other and the Warg. And who would believe that Others sparkle in the sunlight?

Team Varamyr Sixskins 4 life!

3. Larry says:

I was confused most by the copious amounts of Dothraki-style sex. That and the failure of the Westeros squirrels to spy on the lands across the Narrow Sea.

4. Jo says:

jon snow is black?????

what? –to all of you.

6. Elio & Linda says:

When the fact that dragons blow fire from both ends became a key plot point, I had to wonder whether George’s brush with e. coli had left more an impression than was strictly justifiable in artistic terms.

That was just symbolic of their conflicted nature.

8. Todd says:

I was really enjoying it until the Wall broke apart and the Others started chanting, “Global warming is coming.” So much for escapism.

9. Bryan Russell says:

You’ve all ruined the book for me. How can I read it now?

10. Ken Kaufman says:

and it was all Ned’s dream…oops, sorry I jumped ahead a book…