The Steampunk Bible: In the House!

Jeff VanderMeer • March 9th, 2011 @ 7:34 pm • News

steam

It won’t be in bookstores until May 1st, but an advance copy of The Steampunk Bible , by me and SJ Chambers, made it into the house today, and it’s gorgeous! Below the cut find a few images. and because this is a Wednesday full of riches, the formatted proof pages of The Thackery T. Lambshead Cabinet of Curiosities came today as well—I’ve included one photo of those at the end. You can pre-order The Steampunk Bible: An Illustrated Guide to the World of Imaginary Airships, Corsets and Goggles, Mad Scientists, and Strange Literatureand also The Thackery T. Lambshead Cabinet of Curiosities: Exhibits, Oddities, Images, and Stories from Top Authors and Artists. SB contributors will hopefully have their copies by the time it hits the stores. (A huge shout-out to Jake von Slatt on this project, btw–he knows why.)

Note the wonderful endpapers by James Ng!

IMG_9849

IMG_9850

IMG_9852

IMG_9853

IMG_9854

IMG_9855

And some awesome Cabinet pages:

IMG_9847

11 Responses to “The Steampunk Bible: In the House!”

1. Qwill says:

It looks fantastic! I’m really looking foward to getting this in May.

2. Fabio says:

Absolutely awesome! I’m amazed already!!

3. Janet Boyer says:

Very nice! Can’t wait to read and review it!

4. Romeu Martins says:

Really awesome! http://cidadephantastica.blogspot.com/2011/03/damas-e-cavalheiros-steampunk-bible-5.html

5. sarah says:

YES! This is the kind of posts I like it! I have reserved The Steampunk Bible and I can hardly wait for The Cabinet…!

6. James Ng says:

Looks amazing! Cant wait to see this in person.

Thanks for the shout out Jeff : )

7. This Week’s Links | Inventing The Universe | J. Koyanagi says:

[...] Jeff VanderMeer shares photos of an advance copy of The Steampunk Bible, out in [...]

8. Steampunk News » of art and bullets and magic and bibles says:

[...] finally, prepare yourselves for the Steampunk Bible, coming to you in May from the good VandeerMeer people! Digg this postRecommend on FacebookTweet [...]

9. Wonders Kabinet Scenografie says:

beautiful , please let me know when is available !!

10. Liz says:

I love it!!! It looks SO COOL and what a great idea :) James Ng is COOL :)

11. Sally Van Eycke says:

My boyfriend was really excited to get this book because he is actually IN it!! He flipped through the book excitedly only to find he was mis-credited in a photo. The giant picture on page 135-136 labels him as Jesse Nobles, who is the photographer. It should read Captain Anthony LaGrange. The black man in that photo is Captain Anthony LaGrange. We run a local steampunk group here in Columbus, Ohio: The Airship Archon. Just thought people might want to know. It may get corrected on future versions.