Finch in Poland: Feb 2011

Jeff VanderMeer • December 2nd, 2010 @ 3:54 pm • News

finch--polish

Finch is out in Poland in February of next year. There’s more info here.

8 Responses to “Finch in Poland: Feb 2011”

1. PhilRM says:

Looks more like Finch in Holland! Awesome cover, though.

2. Bill says:

It is interesting how cover art can set the tone for one’s reading experience. Obviously I am speaking of preconceptions, but such preconceptions often have lingering influence. I wonder how my experience reading Finch would have differed if I had read an addition with this cover art. Perhaps a slightly different mood, at least initially.

3. SMD says:

That’s a beautiful cover. I’d definitely pick that up in the store if I were in Poland!

4. Larry says:

Nice forest/fungal cover there.

5. Samuel S says:

Even though the motif differs, the colour scheme is quite similar. I really like it, btw.

6. Robert WaliÅ› says:

We did some over-the-phone brainstorming with the editor about the cover. Then he e-mailed me this picture and I agreed it’s a good choice. I know it’s not something created particularly with “Finch” in mind but we decided that it fits the mood of the novel well and it’s simply such a great image. Unfortunately I don’t know who drew it. When I find out, I’ll let you know :)

Robert (translator)

7. Spriggana says:

The author is Tomasz Maronski, here you can see the original illustration: http://maronski.cgsociety.org/gallery/400258/

8. Book Cover Smackdown! ‘Fenrir’ vs. ‘The Goblin Corps.’ vs. ‘Finch’ - SF Signal – A Speculative Fiction Blog says:

[...] Finch by Jeff Vandermeer (Artist: Tomasz Maro?ski) [...]