Lovecraft’s War Against the Ravens

Jeff VanderMeer • April 14th, 2010 @ 5:37 pm • Fiction

…to be continued…

(c) jv

13 Responses to “Lovecraft’s War Against the Ravens”

1. Drax says:

“I am terrified.”

(Well, not really, but I think it’s pretty damn cool.)

2. Caitlín R. Kiernan says:

This is bloody adorable.

3. Philip Athans says:

Will this be available in e-book form? And where can I download the font?

4. jeff vandermeer says:

Caitlin: Thanks. That means a lot coming from you. Borges, Shirley Jackson, and Clark Ashton Smith make cameos later. Don’t ask how…

5. Ennis Drake says:

Expect mail VanderMeer . . .

6. Ennis Drake says:

And don’t roll your eyes at me.

7. David Mynning says:

And remember Jeff, national treasure and Quaaludes do not have to be mutually exclusive. You can have both.

8. Damien G. Walter says:

I like the chap with three eyes, wearing a hat with two eyes, topped with a daisy.

9. jeff vandermeer says:

Camouflage…the daisy, that is.

10. Hellbound Heart says:

unreal…..what strikes me is how it must’ve just flowed from you because i noticed the almost total absence of scribbled-out words….
    peace and love……

11. Mrs G says:

I’m just recovering from a virus that gave me a high fever and terrible nightmares every night, and then I log into the web and then this….

I love it. The only horror we have down here is silly movies about killer pigs (Razorback); or going to the Zoo and hearing some bogan exclaim “it’s a water pig” (there wasn’t a drop of water in the entire enclosure – and it was a peccary, anyway) or “look, that’s a harthog, darling” (didn’t he originally discover Australia?) and my husband saying the next time we went to the Zoo, “Shall we visit Harthog the water-pig again?”

I’m hanging out for Borges.

12. Wilum Pugmire says:

Strangely, your handwriting rather looks like Lovecraft’s, judging from the font used in BLACK WINGS. How eldritch!

Was he lefthanded? I’m part of the League of Crappy Lefthanded Handwritists.