Catching Up

Jeff VanderMeer • April 3rd, 2010 @ 9:27 am • News

(My crappy photo of the totally awesome ARCs for the British Commonwealth edition of Finch.)

Ann and I have had to deep-six the European travel this summer because of book deadlines, but we’re still going to have a pretty active year. In addition to teaching at Clarion San Diego and Shared Worlds, which will include readings, you can find one or both of us at these events (details listed in the sidebar):

– University of Central Florida Literary Festival, April 16-17, Orlando (Ann and I are both guests, participating on panels)

– Finding Your Readers in the 21st Century conference, May 22-23 (I’ll be one of the keynote speakers and Ann and I will run a workshop, etc.)

– Comic Con, July 22-24, San Diego (Ann and I are both special guests of the con)

– James River Writers’ Conference, Oct. 9-10, Richmond (I’ll be one of the featured guests)

– Capclave, Oct. 22-24 (Ann and I are two of the guests of honor)

This is a pretty light schedule for us, but considering I was on the road about 12 weeks last year, total, let’s consider that a blessing.

In other news, the audio rights to Finch have sold to Audible.com and we will soon be able to announce a couple of anthology sales and foreign rights sales.

9 Responses to “Catching Up”

1. Drax says:

I think the British ed looks lovely, Jeff.

2. Seth Merlo says:

That is a very cool cover. Ties in nicely with Bantam’s City of Saints.

3. Johanna Vainikainen-Uusitalo says:

Not coming to Finland, then? Damn… I had *just* checked if this Moomin exhibition is open in the summer, and it is: http://www.paivalehdenmuseo.fi/temporary-exhibitions.html
    What a bummer. But life happens. And yeah, Finch looks fine!

Seth–yes, I always do best sales-wise when the cover is enticing to a mainstream audience as well as a genre audience.

Johanna–really sorry. We had wanted to. BUT, a raincheck is in the works.

5. Larry says:

I wonder how that story by “Eff VanderMeer” is. Sounds like a pissed-off name, if you ask me…

6. Nemone says:

“Inch” by Eff Vandermeer.No wonder he sounds pissed-off.A very jolly cover, but i prefer the green/gold/splashy one.

7. James says:

I have a conference coming up in Richmond in October? And who are these river writers who will attend? Mark Twain and Philip Jose Farmer probably can’t make it.

8. Trent Jamieson says:

What a gorgeous cover, Jeff.

9. Hellbound Heart says:

very nice indeed, but i do like the original cover best..
    P&L….