Jeff VanderMeer • December 11th, 2009 @ 8:46 am • News

(Me with Mur Lafferty, Natania Barron, and giant microbes last night in Chapel Hill)

After a wonderful event last night with Mur Lafferty and Natania Barron at Chapel Hill Comics, the Finch/Booklife tour comes to an end tonight in Atlanta at Manuel’s Tavern. We’ll start at 8pm in the North Room and I’m reading with Will Hindmarch and J.M. McDermott. We’ll also be there early, at 6pm, for a comics meeting/party that sounds interesting.

Also note that Nicola Morgan is answering your writing questions today over at Booklifenow.com–go give her a question!

Finally, here are some photos from the awesome event last night. The store is one of my favorites now–excellent selection and also nicely laid out. Owner Andrew Neal is a great guy.

Just part of the great crowd last night, including my dad.

Owner Andrew Neal

Natania Barron reading

Mur Lafferty reading

7 Responses to “The End of the Endurance Tour: Atlanta, at Manuel’s Tonight with Hindmarch and McDermott”

1. jeff vandermeer says:

I should add that Finch and Booklife will be available at a special tour-end ten bucks each, and the first fifteen to twenty people who buy finch get a free copy of the Murder by Death CD soundtrack

2. Hellbound Heart says:

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!! i wanna copy of cd!!!!!!!!

peace and love…

where’s your dad in the crowd?

3. jeff vandermeer says:

I should also add that I am toast and won’t be blogging for a few days, so guest bloggers: if ya got anything else, feel free to post thru Wed.

4. Bill Ectric says:

I am happy to report that Finch did not let me down.
    Top notch from beginning to end!

5. Marty Stephenson says:

Well, I just bought both at the local Barnes, but nobody gave me no cussing cd! Arrggghhh!!! Booklife is great and Finch is creepy-cool-fun-weird, but I’m going back to it after I finish Bank’s The Algebraist.

ps: while recuperating, go see ‘The Fantastic Mr. Fox’. It’s great.

6. Samuel S says:

You’re holding a flu virus, the one to the right is borrelia, not sure about the one to the left… I recieved my copy of the Heretic Edition last week – however it’s staying in the box, it’s a Christmas present from my parents to me. Cheers!

7. bob corrigan says:

I’ll go on and believe that Mur is a distant relative of R.A.Lafferty, because I’d hate to think the Old Man from Tulsa’s genius died with him.

bob