Must Be That Time of Year Again…

Hot, muggy, and no matter where you park around our house, this happens. If we lived in Nawlins and it was Mardi Gras time, I might get away with driving around like that. As it is, the local bagel place employees looked askance at the vehicle. Like somehow it meant I was living in it.

Some more random photos for your Saturday, while I work away on BookFinch and Finchlife stuff.

Oh–and the “endurance book tour” behind Booklife and Finch, for November-December, will be fleshed out by the end of the month. If you’re affiliated with a university, a writers workshop, or a bookstore that might be interested, or you’re aware of possible venues, drop me a line at vanderworld at hotmail.com. I’m starting in Seattle, driving down the West Coast, then heading inland through Arizona, coming up through Colorado toward the Great Lakes area and then through the Northeast and down the East Coast.

Comments

We’d love to have you come to the University of Wisconsin-Superior in Superior, Wisconsin. It’s at the far eastern tip of Lake Superior.

2. Jeff VanderMeer says

It looks like I’m definitely coming to Madison and that area. So my question is–when you say “we” are you afiliated with that university, and is there a reading series or whatnot I can tap into? You can email me any info at vanderworld at hotmail.com.

Spencer–got any solid info? Email me! Thanks.

I feel your pain with the tree bits all over the place. Directly across the street from me is a GIANT cottonwood tree and right around this time of year it becomes winter in the summertime. :P I was talking with Jim Hall ( Cult-Pop partner in crime ) about the Vandertour last night. You know we would love to have you in the Detroit-area. We could you a tour of our lovely post-apocalyptic wasteland.

4. Hellbound Heart says

thanks for showing an example of the aesthetically pleasing and tasteful momentos that are available down under if you care to visit here…..remember one new year’s eve a few years ago, my beloved and i went down to sydney to see the fireworks and to whoop it up….HUUUUUGE night, vaguely remember the opera house morphing into some strange shape……

finch books look wonderful, congratulations on the arrival of your finchlings!

peace and love….

Michael: Do you think you guys could help set something up? Re Detroit? I’d love to meet you both. It’s just there are so many stops I’d need some help with Detroit. I’d be more than willing to call it a CultPop-sponsored event, no matter where it was.

I’m curious: Is it true that Jackson is smarter than the average honors student? If so, that might explain my experiences as a teacher in less than two sentences.

At least you don’t have the pigeon dive-bombing target look to the car this time. That’s a positive, right?

7. Nadine A says

Hi Jeff-I know of a local indie bookstore in the phoenix area that would love to have you. it’s called The Poisoned Pen, and is in Scottsdale. They’re really reaching out lately to the spec fic community and hosted Charles Stross recently, as well as having signed UK eds of The City and the City.

Hey, Nadine–thanks for that. It’s on our list. It’s good to know that’s a good choice, though. If you have any personal contacts there, let me know.

Hey Jeff: Yeah I’m willing to help out. In fact we were talking about possible venues to have you sign at. We should be able to get something set up for you. :)

10. Jeff VanderMeer says

Cool–thanks, man!!! Let me know. And I’ll let my publisher know it looks like a probable.

11. Nadine A says

Yes, I do. I will call the events manager Monday-I know she’d love to have you.

12. Nadine A says

Jeff, I just spoke to Lorri and she’d love to do a workshop with you themed around some of the Booklife stuff on a Saturday.

Need for Speed: Rivals mettra en vedette un jeux similaire à un besoin de 2010
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit titre dans la franchise Need for Speed avec
    des voitures exotiques et de la police poursuites à haute vitesse.

Les joueurs prennent le rôle d’un coureur ou un flic, avec de chaque côté de la loi offrant son propre ensemble de défis, les
    risques et les récompenses. Rivals mettra en vedette onze gadgets évolutifs tels
    que les PGE, ondes de choc et la possibilité de faire appel
    à des barrages routiers. Le jeu se déroule dans le une
    ville nomme ‘Redview County’, une zone de monde ouvert qui
    est l’hôte de déchets entre police et aux voleurs.
    Le monde ouvert mettra en vedette une structure similaire à un besoin de 2012
    for Speed: Most Wanted, avec plusieurs sauts,
    des pièges de vitesse et les voitures à débloquer.

I realized from this product that it doesn’t matter how far away you are or
    what you look like; it’s all about having the right
    attitude and spitting out the right lines when you are talking to any given woman.
    Based on numerous a Vin Dicarlo Pandora box Review it
    offers advice guys to comprehend the behaviour of women.
    Not really for starters plus a little bit expensive.

My website – Christian hudson (http://Www.youtube.com)