Comments

I still haven’t tried Nocturnum yet. I like Tremens. I spied it at my local grocery store the other day, though, so I’ll have to pick up a bottle.

Added this to my wish list even before making a comment here.

If you’re ever in Seattle again, you’ll have to visit Brouwer’s Cafe. Over 300 different beers available, I believe, with almost a third of those on tap.

I’ve lately been a fan of the various beers from Unibroue, a Quebecois brewer. They’ve been around for a while, but only recently been distributed in this neck of the woods.

3. Hellbound Heart says

me’s loves the beers bein’ ozzztrallliann ‘n’ all……..nuffin’ like a cooooool ale on a stinkin’ ‘ot day…
    peace and love…

I’ve got a few bottles of both Delirium Tremens and Mongozo in my fridge (along assorted other ones of Belgian and Dutch breweries).

There used to be a bar in Antwerp called “Het Groote Ongenoegen” who had over 1100 different beers, but they’ve been closed. To the best of my knowledge Kulminator — also in Antwerp — has over 600 different beers.

Actually, wikipedia claims that, if one includes special ‘one-off’ beers, Belgium has about 8700 different beers. So even at 1500 pages, it’s probably not complete…;-)

Jetse: I don’t doubt it. And I’m a bit in mourning, since I’m off alcohol entirely for most of the year, so all I can do is stare at the photos.

Jeff: I hope it’s entiry voluntarily and nothing serious (not having alcohol).

If you, like Ann (or both of you) ever come over to either Holland or Belgium: let me know and I’ll try to meet up.

7. jeff vandermeer says

Entirely voluntary. I need to be in shape for five weeks of book tour in the fall. will definitely one day take you up on that offer!