Books Received: Matt Bell Collecting, Hall’s Sad Stories, Tomine’s Optic Nerve Shortcomings, and More!

A small but cool haul today, including Matt Bell’s The Collectors, which I’m looking forward to reading along with the winner of the Caketrain contest. You can order these books directly from Caketrain. The Collectors looks a little bit like pseudo-Gothic sprinkled with a little Evenson and Danielewski (I could be wrong). Bell’s one to watch. Er, but not like from his lawn or looking in on him from an apartment window or nuthin. That wouldn’t be cool. (His address is 1234 Uranium Lane, New Flangiers, IA 45003, though, if you want to try.)

Comments

1. Joe says

Hi Jeff. My comment is “off topic” but could you please let me know if “Finch” will be available as a hardcover? On amazon it is listed as a paperback. On a personal note I’d prefer a hardcover to go along side “City Of Saints and Shriek”.

Reagards,
    Joe.

2. Hellbound Heart says

damn, you’ve got a shitty job, writing unreal literature, reading unreal literature by others…..jesus, man, how do you stand it????????
    peace and love……

3. Joe says

Thank you Jeff for the info,Im looking forward to it. Are Underland going to be your publisher for the foreseeable future?

Joe.

4. jeff vandermeer says

I have many publishers and will continue to have many publishers. As long as Underland remains competitive in terms of advances, etc., they will be in the mix.

5. Xelgaex says

I like the thing you’re doing there with the little figurines and bottle caps. It makes each photo worth two looks. One for the books and one for the knickknacks. Very enjoyable.

My favorite is the little round cat(?).

6. JesseBird says

ohhhhhh look at that Tomine! Is that a 32 Stories boxed set? I sold my original copy (of the qp, not the mini-comics) years ago so it’s something I might actually get again.

Also intrigued by that Tina May Hall.

7. Jeff VanderMeer says

Jesse–yep, that’s the boxed set!!

Xelgaez–I was getting bored with my own photos.