Cult Pop has just put up the video of their interview with me and Ann. Click on episode #28. Recorded very early this year, I think. The alien baby, a Romanian spaceship, and other props make an appearance. Strangely, or perhaps not so strangely, the interviewer never asked us what that crazy stuff was, even after he saw our half of the video…er, and must remember to look at camera more.
(1) We both took a shot of whisky before the interview. SOP for video interviews.
(2) I’d f—ed up my shoulder at the gym and was in considerable discomfort throughout.
(3) I kept looking down not because I had any notes but because we’d put the speaker phone there.
(4) The cats twice almost knocked the tripod down, and once one of them hocked up a hairball. I think they edited that out.
(5) Ann actually gets nervous before these things.
(6) I had the uncomfortable sensation during the Predator portion of babbling uncontrollably at the same time that I kept thinking about grocery lists and some program we wanted to watch that night, which meant I kept having to re-enter my own narrative so I wouldn’t just trail off. Hate it when that happens.
(7) We had a lot more props, but they wouldn’t fit on the video screen capture.