Compare the Meerkat (Pet a Squid?)

Jeff VanderMeer • January 30th, 2009 @ 9:48 pm • Culture

I made a meerkat! I made a meerkat! …and then…then I compared it!

(I can’t take credit for finding this–Richard Morgan sent it to me, thinking of Veniss Underground. LOL.)

Now if only there was a petting zoo for squid

7 Responses to “Compare the Meerkat (Pet a Squid?)”

1. Kny says:

Thanks Jeff! It was just a goof.

2. Gwen says:

Jeff,

Compare the meerkat is actually a UK advertising tie-in. There is an insurance comparison website called compare the market dot com, and they’ve launched an ad campaign with a meerkat complaining that so many people come to his compare the meerkat website thinking they can compare insurance prices, but no, you can only compare meerkats on his page.

Still just as cute, but that’s the rest of the story. ;-)

Gwen, London

Yep, and it’s still funny.

4. Alex Carnegie says:

I was actually going to send you a link to this myself, the adverts have been all over UK television lately, and I couldn’t help but think of old John the Baptist, although of course unlike Aleksander he’s not a mashup of Borat & King Julian from the Madagascar films, designed and marketed for LOL inspired custom…

5. Lex Sinclair says:

There are quite a few aquatic petting zoos scattered along the coastal cities of Australia–some with squid! You can even play with electric eels if that is your fancy–these tingle but do not hurt. Perhaps you should do some exploring with your mates at Clarion.–Lex

6. Pension Forecast: Compare the meerkat bloopers by Aleksandr ~ annuity says:

[...] voucher to save you money. To submit your funny money movie, hit the red button below.   Official compare the meerkat bloopers starring Aleksandr Orlov – even the best professionals make m…cast.org.uk/images/red.png" alt="annuity" height="15" /> Official compare the meerkat bloopers [...]

7. Lyndon Roussin says:

Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea