Booklife Now: Some Stuff in My House

Jeff VanderMeer • January 5th, 2009 @ 6:11 am • Book Reviews, Booklife Now, Photos

I think for now the book cover postings are going to be on an irregular schedule, while I’m working on deadlines. So here’s some stuff in my house for your review, mostly new books received but then a few overburdened shelves of less current material.

10 Responses to “Booklife Now: Some Stuff in My House”

1. Bill Ectric says:

Do you ever think you might have to move into a bigger place, just to store all the books?

2. Charles Tan says:

Just had a book orgasm. That should last most people a year already…

3. Alex says:

You know, there are days when I truly, utterly hate you.

What’s the title of Dan Simmons book?

4. jeff vandermeer says:

We cull the herd from time to time. But, yes, we fear becoming a bookmine.

Drood is the Simmons.

5. Terry says:

Same sort of problem here, which doesn’t stop me from drooling over your hoard. Why is that?

If you’re not going to get to Simmons’s Drood any time soon, feel free to send it on to me. Or, heck, anything you don’t feel you really want to have around. I’ll be happy to pay postage.

6. James says:

That’s an original 13 Clocks, isn’t it? Or at least an old one, not the NYRB reprint. Nice.

And is that the Mullan How Novels Work? Any good?

7. Alex says:

Drood? I have to google it. never heard of it. Thanks.

8. Alex says:

Because it haven’t been released yet…

How silly of me…

James–yes, it’s a first edition 13 Clocks. Dustjacket is somewhat tattered, but otherwise in good condition. My parents bought it when I was a kid.

How Novels Work is much more interesting than I thought it would be. Just started in on it.

10. mothbeast says:

jealous of your copy of drood. giggled at the multiple copies of use of weapons.