END OF 2007…
END OF 2008…
While perusing the archives for an upcoming “top 10 vanderposts”, er, post, I came across my resolutions for 2008. Let’s see how well I did…
(1) Fewer squid. - I was successful in limiting my deployment of squid. They are mentioned only twice in Finch, and not at all in the stories I wrote or had published in 2008.
(2) Keel fewer peoples with me mind bullets. – Largely because I was in a secluded location working on Finch, or traveling, I did indeed kill fewer peoples with mind bullets.
(3) Suffer fools better, so as to continue to like myself. – I continue to struggle with this one.
(4) Learn French or conquer the world. - Neither occurred, although I think I am more likely to conquer the world than learn French as I remain dreadful with languages other than English.
(5) Stage â€œcat playsâ€ renowned in the neighborhood for their rough truculence. - No progress was made on this resolution, except that I did attempt to teach our cats how to carry weapons.
(6) Further develop the â€œdemented sea captainâ€ look Iâ€™m currently sporting. – As evidenced by the photographs above, and this blog entry, I have done very well keeping this resolution.
(7) Learn to type with toes in case of horrible industrial accident. – I did not accomplish this goal.
(8) Write a story around the title â€œBuckwaldo Mudthumper Hocks a Hoeâ€. - I pondered writing this story, but wrote Finch instead.
(9) Fewer mushrooms. - As Finch will reveal, I failed hideously in this endeavor.
(10) More meerkats. – No meerkats appeared in my fiction or my life in 2008.
So, how about you? What were your resolutions? Did you keep any of them?