Jeff VanderMeer • July 1st, 2008 @ 7:48 pm • Book Reviews

I’m over John Twelve Hawks, unless he personally comes to my house and reveals his identity. For every day he doesn’t, I’m down-grading him:

July 2-12:
John Eleven Turkeys
John Ten Rheas
John Nine Guinea Fowl
John Eight Geese
John Seven Vultures
John Six Kiwis
John Five Finches
John Four Mockingbirds
John Three Seagulls
John Two Pigeons
John One Sparrow

And more detail on the graphic novels:

7 Responses to “Books Received July 1–John Grant, Brandon Sanderson, John Eleven Turkeys, and More”

1. Mark Teppo says:

Huh. I didn’t know NBM was still putting books out. I’m must hie myself out to the ‘tubes and find out what’s going on over there.

Tons of books!

3. R. Schuyler Devin says:

Wow, I am so jealous of the Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson.

Sanderson is one of the nicest writers in the industry.

4. Larry says:

Nice haul – I started reading the Sanderson last night and it’ll be interesting to read how fans, particularly Wheel of Time fans, react to this concluding volume. As for the John number guy, I was disappointed not to see any wrens or starlings on the list.

5. Steve Buchheit says:

Thanks Jeff, now I’ve got that Christmas Carol (something about 12 days) going through my head with all new lyrics.

6. Gursky says:

Yeah, NBM hasn’t fallen off yet. Blues Man in particular is a good get.

7. Will the Real John Twelve Hawks Please Stand Up? « Enter the Octopus says:

[...] from someone claiming to be the author was writer Jeff VanderMeer. Seemingly, it was in response to a joke Jeff has posted on July 1about downgrading Twelve Hawks to Eleven Turkeys unless he revealed … Jeff received a letter in the mail, handwritten, that said “Jeff, I went to your house and [...]