Euro 2008 Final–The Preamble Is, Er, Not Going to Win Over Skeptical Americans

Jeff VanderMeer • June 29th, 2008 @ 1:38 pm • Uncategorized

Okay, they had twirling balloon Christmas-tree creatures that reenacted the results of the entire tournament along with waltzing Mozarts in white-face and a pretty lame pop band. At times, the scene from above looked like some odd version of twister being played by limbless if colorful one-celled cone organisms.

Anyone else find this a bit odd?

And, er, now the match has begun…why is it Giants versus Tinies?

7 Responses to “Euro 2008 Final–The Preamble Is, Er, Not Going to Win Over Skeptical Americans”

1. Luí­s Rodrigues says:

And the Tinies are kicking ass.

2. Michael Phillips says:

Yes, it was a little surreal. I kind of watched in a mix of awe and horror…

LOL! Yeah–Michael. Most definitely. It was like a pre-game show from an alternate universe created by Thomas Ligotti and some surreal circus. The only comparable train wreck I can think of is the year the Oscars did intepretative dance for each of the nominated films for best picture.

4. Larry says:

Well, remember Izzy from 1996? That’s about the only thing I’ve seen that approached that level of kitsch I saw on display. At least the match itself was enjoyable to watch.

5. iphonephan says:

In this EuroCup, David kicked Goliaths arse! Go España!! Torres and Casillo are my all time fav players this year ;-)

I really enjoyed Spain’s style of play!
    jeff

7. Bob Lock says:

(I really enjoyed Spain’s style of play!)

And me! They won me the Interzone Mag sweepstake! Woohoo!