Secret Lives-Finally Out! And Beautiful!

Jeff VanderMeer • June 25th, 2008 @ 7:47 pm • News

Yes, that’s right, Secret Lives is now out. Mine were shipped right from the printer. The publisher will be shipping out orders shortly. Our preferred bookseller is Ziesing Books, because the book idea originated with them. You can order it from them here.

Here is a short video detailing some of the book’s special features, including unusual end papers…(Mr. Matt Cheney, pay attention, sir.)

Any questions? Please let me know.

14 Responses to “Secret Lives-Finally Out! And Beautiful!”

1. JeffC says:

Wow, looks awesome, I love the endpapers. Can’t wait to get my copy!

2. Larry says:

Great! I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and I hope to have it by the first week of July, if I’m lucky :D

3. Anne S says:

WOW!! Looks great – can’t wait to get my copy.

Anne:

As you know, I never finished your Secret Life, but I DO mention it in the introduction, so it exists in a kind of ghosted way.

Garry Nurrish did a great interior layout.

5. Jeff VanderMeer’s “Secret Lives” makes its video debut « Enter the Octopus says:

[...] Posted by Matt Staggs on June 26, 2008 Jeff VanderMeer’s much-anticipated limited-edition collection “Secret Lives” arriv…. [...]

6. J M McDermott says:

Wait… I’m confused.

I’ve got “Secret Life” from Golden Gryphon Press floating around here.

Is this completely different, only a little different, or did I just miss the announcement/explanation somewhere?

Or, was it a secret, and I’m just not in the loop?

7. J M McDermott says:

Nevermind, I really ought to have looked myself before asking…

;)

This looks neat!

We never could decide on a title that was satisfactory other than Secret Lives, which I admit is confusing, specially with the Secret Life Redux volume out there, but a confused bibliography seems to be my destiny.

9. Sir Tessa says:

’tis a very pretty baby you’ve hatched. Congrats. : )

10. Jim Hall says:

It’s official you are the king of all things cool!

11. J M McDermott says:

A confusing bibliography actually seems very appropriate.

Now, how can you turn your own bibliography into a brilliant narrative, Jeff? You’re the only person on earth who could possibly pull that off.

Er, well, that’s the plan. The project for Payseur & Schmidt next year will probably be an annotated bibliography that is part memoir part tell-all about the book biz, etc.

JV

13. Blue Tyson says:

Sure, what sort of stories are these, is my question.

They’re mostly vignettes and some longer stories in which I took the real details of readers’ lives and then extrapolated a secret or alternative life for them. The readers were all people who had ordered my Secret Life collection through Ziesing Books.
    JV