Events Update

Jeff VanderMeer • May 31st, 2008 @ 7:48 pm • Uncategorized

Just a note that if you check the sidebar you’ll see that I’ve added some events for 2008, including a steampunk convention in California and our Romanian book tour. I’ve also locked in, for now, a 2009 commitment from the Louisiana Book Festival.

7 Responses to “Events Update”

1. Zak says:

Jeff, do you realize that if you can shake loose an extra day around the steampunk convention that you could go to the place where Arrogant Bastard is made? They’ve got an awesome restaurant. It’s sort of 3/4ths of the way between LA and San Diego.

I should reiterate, Stone’s restaurant is very, very good. I’m betting a few of your Clarion students could be persuaded to go with you, too. ;)

Oh wow. Might have to do that…
    jv

3. Nathaniel Smith says:

Stone Brewing truly is an amazing spot gastronomically, libationally (>30 beers on tap), and architecturally: http://www.stoneworldbistro.com/pix/

But, umm… I guess I should point out that Sunnyvale is not really a quick drive from Escondido. Just as a warning.

Ah, good point. Just depends on how long we can stay.
    jeff

We’ve actually been in communication with the guys at Stone Brewing quite a bit, because of the books-and-beer feature I did, so it would be nice.

6. Zak says:

Oh duh. I’m an ijit. Somehow it got lodged in my brain that the Steampunk convention was in LA.

Still, if you can swing the time, Sharon and I can put you and Anne up for a night and get you to Stone and back, for a fuller appreciation of their hops. 8)

7. MarineBizTV says:

ShipTek 2010- International Conference on shipping, Marine & Offshore Industry.
    ShipTek 2010 constitutes a two day International Conference on shipping, Marine & Offshore Industry combined with the ShipTek Expo 2010 which is schedule on April 28th-29th of 2009. The maritime exhibition will provide the right platform to network, strike deals, forge trade relations and take business to the next level. ShipTek Expo 2010 will offer a productive business podium for the delegates and a great opportunity to display the new technologies of the maritime industry.
    The fourth appearance of the International Maritime Video & Excellence Awards for the year 2010 accompanied by cocktails & gala dinner at the most prestigious Hotel Crowne Plaza will add an extra dimension and grandeur to the event.