Third Bear and Surgeon’s Tale Make StorySouth’s Best of 2007

Jeff VanderMeer • April 30th, 2008 @ 8:17 am • News

StorySouth’s list of the best online fiction of 2007 includes both “The Third Bear” and my collaboration with Cat Rambo, “The Surgeon’s Tale”. Judges will now pick a top ten and readers will then pick a winner. Some really cool stories on that list, including “Bufo Rex” from Weird Tales.

6 Responses to “Third Bear and Surgeon’s Tale Make StorySouth’s Best of 2007”

1. Laird says:

Congratulations. I thought the Third Bear was wonderfully horrific.

Thanks, Laird. That means a lot coming from you.

3. paul jessup says:

Holy shit.

I did not notice my name on that list until now. Well, damn. I’m sure I can’t compete with the Third Bear….but I damn well will try!

4. Will Hindmarch says:

Congratulations, Jeff!

Somehow, I’d missed “The Third Bear.” Through the wonders of online fiction, I’m off to correct that right now. In the past two weeks I have been introduced to Cat Rambo’s work and have read “Bufo Rex” (night before last, in fact) for the first time. I’m glad I did. Good week for short fiction for me!

5. paul jessup says:

You should also check out Cat Rambo’s story that’s on Fantasy Magazine, The Dead Girl’s Wedding March. It’s really good:

6. Will Hindmarch says:

Oh, and it’s also set near Tabat, like the piece of hers I just read in Weird Tales. A colorful, mystifying world she’s building there.