Romanian Predator, Portuguese City of Saints

Jeff VanderMeer • April 28th, 2008 @ 4:22 pm • News

Although the deal is still being worked out, it does appear now that a Romanian-language edition of Predator: South China Sea will indeed appear around the same time as the English-language edition. In fact, we will be in Romania (it looks like) around the release date, following our appearance at the Czech Republic convention. A Romanian New Weird looks to be in the works as well.

Also, the Portuguese City of Saints & Madmen is definitely going ahead in late 2008, early 2009.

12 Responses to “Romanian Predator, Portuguese City of Saints”

1. Fábio Fernandes says:

Hey, good to hear that! I hope that you can very soon be published in Brazil as well.

Me too!
    JV

3. Jen says:

I’ll be in line hugging my copy of Shriek.

Speaking of… I was thinking of something the other day. Is it better to be among the first or the last in line? If you’re first, you get a fresh author without an aching hand after signing dozens of autographs – but you (well, I) feel guilty if you do more than say hi and hand over the book, because you’re making n other people wait for longer. If you’re last, you get a tired author who wants nothing more than go home or to a restaurant.
    (What prompted this train of thought was the fact that when you did the signing for Veniss in Bucharest I was among the first, felt guilty because of the people behind, then stupid because I didn’t chat with you for a bit longer. There’s no winning this one…)

If anyone (fan or author) has an opinion, I’d love to hear it.

(and, Jeff or Jeff’s blog-taker-care-of, one of the plugins that let you subscribe to comments would be so lovely…)

4. Dark Wolf says:

Wow, i certainly have to find time to come to Bucharest at that date and hope to meet you.

5. Horia Ursu says:

@jen: don’t worry about chatting with jeff. you’ll have plenty of time after the autographs and stuff, by a beer or something. my treat :)

Yes, it’ll be in late August. Both Ann and I will be there.

Jen–I really never mind signing books, so it doesn’t matter if you’re near the beginning or the end.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

7. Luí­s Rodrigues says:

Jen: There’s an RSS feed for comments here.

8. Andrew says:

Congrats

And yes, there should be plenty of time to talk, Jen!

10. Jen says:

Horia, I’ll remember that, but considering Jeff and Ann’s hectic schedule from last time… I won’t get my hopes up too much.

Luis, I know, but what about when I only want the comments for one entry, not the whole website?

Well, there’ll definitely be dinner or lunch or something, I’m sure.

12. Horia Ursu says:

jen, this time it’s me calling the shots, not the other guy. so no problem with that.