PENGUIN WARS

Jeff VanderMeer • January 31st, 2008 @ 8:55 pm • Culture

My post earlier has in part led to this penguin image thread on Tessa’s blog, Silence Without. The one I like the most thus far is Matt Stagg’s mullet penguin, reproduced above, but there are other great ones.

What to do on boring old Friday? I’ll tell you what to do–you send Tessa penguin images. You obliterate her inbox with them! It’s war, I tell you! (If you can’t post them somewhere yourself and post the link on her blog, send ‘em to her at sirtessa at optusnet dot com dot au).

Okay, silly? Sure. What’s wrong with silly?!?!?

7 Responses to “PENGUIN WARS”

1. Transfiguring Roar says:

Speaking of wars on the internet, any other people been following Anonymous’ attack on the Church of Scientology? What a spin out!

That’s a cool bogan penguin by the way.

Is there a link to the scientology stuff?

3. Larry says:

I wonder if the penguins are SPs…

As for the Anonymous group attack, I’ve read bits and pieces here and there on the web – something about the plan on flooding the Scientologists’ accounts, etc. and that some poor couple was thought to be Scientologists and got some harassing phone calls and had their contact info posted online before whoever did it realized the couple weren’t the ones s/he thought they were.

4. Sir Tessa says:

If I check my mail tomorrow, and my harddrive implodes, there shall be a reckoning.

Also, I have an Inigo Montoya penguin. Nyah!

5. Sir Tessa says:

FYI to any one interested – check out Arthur Miller’s contribution.

6. Transfiguring Roar says:

Links:

This is as good a place to start as any. It has a lot of coverage of the whole thing from the ‘Project Chanology’ side: http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/PROJECT_CHANOLOGY

Then there are the you tube videos, some kinda creepy and some very scary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCbKv9yiLiQ (Anonymous’ first message to the Church of Scientology) & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCGP-0545EU (beware! this has disturbing footage, but you are warned when it is about to be shown).

7. Matt says:

As a producer of penguin combatants I can assure you that they are indeed SPs of the highest order.