Ever tried…

Jeff VanderMeer • October 23rd, 2007 @ 1:36 pm • Uncategorized

…to put three angry, clever cats into cages so you can take them all to the vet at the same time for shots and clipping of claws?

It involves a lot of blood…all of it yours…and you wind up looking like a poorly disguised spy in a rug factory. of course, the blood contrasts nicely with all of the fur…

In a nice bit of sabotage, one of them got me right across the wrist, so now I look like I tried to off myself.

9 Responses to “Ever tried…”

1. Cheryl says:

I found gauntlets very useful. One of the advantages of owning motorbike is that you also own the leather armor needed to deal with cats. The vet had gauntlets that went all the way up to his elbows. He needed them.

2. David Wesley says:

I had a friend who had to put sixty angry cats in cages. The biggest, meanest, nastiest of the bunch left three of it’s claws imbedded in his arm. He found out later that the people at the humane society use lead lined gauntlet style gloves.

3. Paul Jessup says:

One word:

Sedatives.

All cats should be sedated before attempting such an insane action.

Gauntlets! Of course!

5. Anne S says:

One of our cats is wonderfully obliging (or just dumb) – he walks voluntarily into the cat carrying cage both going to and from the vet.

6. Beth B says:

Now I know what to ask for, for my birthday. Gauntlets!

Our cats are sweet-tempered and pliable….until the cat carrier comes out. Oy, the claws.

Matt Staggs tells me: “Laying in bed one night our cat Grendel swatted my wife’s face, snagged her tear duct with just one of his claws. She did what she could for it and went to the doctor in the morning for antibiotics. The next day her eye developed an enormous black bruise around it which made it look like someone had socked her in the eye, and for days, anywhere we went strangers would look like they were just looking for an excuse to kick my ass! Guys behind the counter at gas stations, the people at her work, everywhere – naturally, her telling them that the cat did it didn’t do much to convince them. Ironically, everyone who really knows us knows that my wife is the fiesty, fisty one – I wouldn’t harm anyone, nonetheless her! We still laugh about it to this day.”

8. Steve Buchheit says:

It’ll only look like you tried to off yourself if it scars up nicely. The you can use it to freak people out.

9. Joe says:

One of my cats managed to leave me with a nice number of parallel scars on my forearm right before I was going into donate blood. No-one said anything at first but as they were looking for a vein to tap I could see raised eyebrows and nurses thinking, hmmm, folks who come in to give blood aren’t normally trying to bump themselves off… Eventually had to mutter the magic word ‘cats’ to elicit understanding…