Book Sale Victim: Jackson

Jeff VanderMeer • September 30th, 2007 @ 8:04 am • Uncategorized

The latest victim of our booksale: Jackson, our cat.

Me: “Honey–Jackson’s gotten strapping tape attached to his face.”

Jackson’s running around like a crazy thing, trying to get the tape off of his face.

Ann: “I’ll track him down…”

Minutes later…

Me: “Is he okay.”

Ann: “Oh, he’s ruined. Totally ruined.”

8 Responses to “Book Sale Victim: Jackson”

1. Tess in Japan says:

I can see the ruination in affect there, the way he’s quite plainly too ruined to scratch his own belly. You did give him a belly scrub after that, right?

Yes, we did give him a belly rub. Luckily, he reboots every four minutes, so he’s long ago forgotten all about it.

Later, we will wall up our other cat behind books in an obvious attempt to get people to buy more books.

3. Illur says:

You are clearly not good for him, i can adopt him! :D He’s pretty pretty!

4. ennis drake says:

Oviously when you say ruined, you mean rotten. As in spoiled.

Reminds me of the time our cat, Terrible Chester (anyone an Elliot fan?) got caught in a bundle of helium ballons from my daughter’s birthday party . . . and ran pell-mell through the house, back and forth, back and forth, ballons rumpling and boinging, scaring the hell out of all the other cats. Even after we untangled him, it was hours before any of the others would come out of hiding.

Ennis:

LOL! OMG–that’s hilarious.

6. Matt Staggs says:

Your cat reminds me of one of my own beasts, “Spider.” He’s 20 pounds of cat in a five pound bag…huge paws, about a million feet long and shaggy enough to put your average yeti to shame.
    You can see him here, if you feel so inclined: http://mattstaggs.blogspot.com/2007/09/spider.html

7. Ennis Drake says:

Jeff:

If I would have had a video camera running, I’d surely be holding a check for $10,000 smackers. Ala AFV. : )

8. david guetta says:

I recommend you check this cool site where you can play the best scary games .